Roon Remote fails to find my Core!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Stack link streamer houses the Core and Roon is operated on a Apple iMac running Roon Control.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
The streamer is connected to a RME - ADI-2 DAC via a USB.

Description Of Issue
Roon fails to find my core! It has been working perfectly but dropped out tonight??? I am in Belgium and use Roon in the UK obviously using just one core at a time. I have had continuing issues with logging onto TIDAL as well which is still an issue.

Please can you advise me what to do I can not access the UK set up for the immediate future due to Covid travel restrictions.

I do not understand why Roon can not find my Streamer?:cry:

Can someone help me please as explained above Roon can not locate my Core and I have no Roon service !

Hi @Gareth_Tuffery,

Are you certain the Core is on the Link Streamer? I can’t find any mention of Roon Core capabilities on their spec sheet, just that it is an endpoint: https://stackaudio.co.uk/link/

Are you certain that the iMac isn’t actually the Core? If the Core is the iMac, you’ll just need to press on the “Use this Mac” button and you should be operational again.

Thank you very much Noris for your help I am all ok now and thank you for clarifying my set up.

Gareth :nerd_face::+1::+1::notes::notes:

1 Like

Happy to help @Gareth_Tuffery, hope you enjoy Roon and do let us know if there are any other issues!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.