Meridian Explorer via USB connected to Macbook Pro M2
Naim NDX 2 via wired etherenet
Naim Mu-So 2 via Wifi
Bluesound FlexI2 x2 via Wi-Fi

Number of Tracks in Library

31,354 tracks
Qoubuz account

Description of Issue

I have an iPhone 15 running iOS 17.1.1. When I run the Roon Remote app, it work fine as long as I am interacting with it. As soon as I navigate away from it and put it in the background or my screen locks, the Roon Remote app no longer updates the currently playing track, the album images when I navigate around and it does not control any of my Roon devices.
I uninstalled and re-installed the app to no avail. I have been seeing this behavior since I first installed Roon on my new iPhone a few weeks ago.

Any help would be appreciated as I love my Roon and find it quite frustrating that the controller at my fingertips is so unreliable.
Thanks!

Hi @Bjorn_Levidow,
Thank you for your patience while we worked through the queue. A common cause of this is having lock screen controls disabled. Here’s a screenshot of where to find that setting

Let me know if this solves your issue.

1 Like

Thanks, Tyler! This work around worked for me. I didn’t turn it on before because:

1. It said that it could cause unintended volume changes, which my spouse hates
  2. It said that it could drain more battery
  3. It said that it was a beta feature

Are there plans to fix the underlying issue, so I don’t have to have this turned in for the app to function well?

Thanks.
Björn

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.