Roon Remote Freezing and Desyncing from Now Playing Screen (ref#2NF315)

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

· Other

Describe the issue

My Roon Remote will freeze and will continue to play music, but desync from the now playing screen. For example. I will be listening to an album and song 1 will play and then song 2 will start playing, but song 1 is still on the now playing screen and queue

Describe your network setup

Roon ROCK > Intel NUC i3 > 4TB Raid 1 HDD Dual Bay > Android 11 iBasso DX300 / iPhone 15 Pro

Hi @Spencer_Moore1,

We’d be happy to take a closer look, could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time, and name of track playing?

We’ll be on standby for your reply. Thanks! :+1:

Here’s a video of it happening. During this whole time it is responding to touch controls, but the elapsed time is not changing and the queue isn’t advancing. This was at 1030pm 6/10/24 EST

https://imgur.com/a/9XAPmKv

Hi @Spencer_Moore1,

Thanks for sharing the above! To confirm, are you only seeing this behavior with the DX300?

Have you removed and reinstalled the Roon remote app on the device yet?

If you could bring the DX300 back online, we’ll enable diagnostic to review Roon logs from the affected device. From your Roon Server diagnostic, we’re seeing a sudden drop in connection between the DX300 and your Roon Server at the time of when playback should occur.

With that, we’re seeing that the track itself is properly buffered, and your server is ready to play it back, but the DX300 seems to trip up, drop connection, and dispose the stream.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it did the same thing again. No changes. I can try to leave it playing for a bit and see what happens.

1 Like

Hey @Spencer_Moore1,

Thanks for giving that a try - we still weren’t able to connect to the device. Could you please send over a set of manual logs from the DX300? Steps below:

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Logcat command-line tool  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thanks for your patience so far! :pray:

I just just uploaded it. I hope it has enough info. I’m not a master of reading the logcat though.

There was another user of the DX300 having issues after upgrading to Android 11. I think this was about 2 weeks.

Yep, found it.

Could be an issue with the iBasso update :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hmm. That’s not great. I might see if I can downgrade to android 10.

Alright so I got it to work after some messing around. It required a downgrade to Android 9. I detailed that process here.

[iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11****** | Page 975 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org](Downgrade instructions )

1 Like

How’s your experience now?

Everything works perfect now! Downgrading seems to have solved most of my headaches.

1 Like

Maybe reaching out to iBasso with this.

Yea. I’ll pass along the info to Paul. I’m not sure if he’ll know what or why, but at least we know it works.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.