Roon Remote Image Saturation Issue - Lenovo M10 Android Tablet

Hi guys,

Any development on this issue?
I’m still not be able to use the tablet I specifically bought for Roon remote.

Many thanks.

Hi @nimitz,

I just checked the status of your ticket and we have it in the queue to investigate further, but I see that this investigation has not taken place yet.

We’re still keeping this issue in the queue and hope to have some more time to investigate this soon, although I can’t make any promises on a timeline, we still plan to dedicate some resources to investigating this issue further.

Thanks in advance for your patience here while this ticket reaches the queue!

Hi @noris

Just to let you know that the upgrade to 1.8 didn’t do anything to the existing issue on the tablet.
Right now, I don’t have the laptop available (for professional reasons) for Roon, so I’m stuck with the smartphone for controlling Roon.
Very frustrating not being able to use the Lenovo Tablet to explorer your great work on the 1.8.

Looking forward for news.

Many thanks.

Hello @nimitz ,

Thank you for the feedback here. The ticket is still in the development queue, and as per policy we can’t comment on when it will reach the top. We are aware of your report and we’re working on it, thanks in advance for your patience!

Hello @noris ,

Is there any development on the issue?

Thanks.

Regards

Hello @nimitz ,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our development queue.

This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hello @noris ,

Thanks for your feedback.
Although, not very satisfying.
I reported it back in December with no actual progress, and I still have the tablet, specifically purchased for Roon remote (and without any listed incompatibility), unused.
I would appreciate very much if someone could allocate some time to check it out. At least to check if it’s something that can be (in the near future) technically addressed.

Many thanks for your help.

I have exactly the same issue on a Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus. Everything is pin sharp and clear except Roon which looks like 8 bit colour mode on Windows 3.11 - ok I exagerate slightly but you get the idea - contrast and colour depth is horrible.
I bought this tablet to replace my old Lenovo tablet that won’t let me install 814. :frowning:

The screen shot probably does not show how poor the album cover is.

This is with the Dark theme, I’ve tried light but it’s just as bad.

AC/DC’s Back in Black is virtually just a black square for the album cover.

1 Like

Hi @Guinnless
Sad to hear that.
Well, now there are two folks with the same issue.
Let’s hope Roon give us some solution.

1 Like

Indeed, I hope so. :thinking:

@noris

Having spent sometime trying to see Roon (in a bright conservatory) with my tablet set to full brightness it looks like the whole view including text just isn’t bright enough very much like the Gamma setting is wrong.

Is it as simple as that? :thinking:

Hello @Guinnless ,

Thank you for the additional report! I’ve gone ahead and added your report to our ticket tracking this behavior.

One other aspect which would be useful to debug this would be a set of your Roon Android logs. I’ve enabled diagnostics mode for your account, can you please try to use the M10 tablet for at least a few minutes and let us know here afterwards?

Thanks!

Hi Noris,

I’ve played several seconds of various albums particularly those who’s covers are dark.

If there is anything particularly specific I need to do please let me know.

Thanks
Steve

1 Like

Hi @Guinnless ,

Thanks! I can confirm that the logs from your Android device have been received by our servers and passed on to QA for further review. As per policy, I cannot comment on a timeline of when the ticket will make it to the top of the developer queue, but we are tracking this, thanks again for the report!

Hi @noris ,

Any development on the subject?
I’m near my Roon annual renewal, and want to have all the info to evaluated how to proceed.

Many thanks.

Best regards
Carlos

Hello @nimitz ,

I have just checked the status of the ticket and I can see that it is still in the queue, but there have not been any updates recently. I will message the team to ask for a status update, but as per Roon policy, we cannot provide any timelines on development tickets, thank you.

Build 918
Graphical improvements to the incompatible versions screen

Confirmed!

Finally I can use the tablet as Roon Remote.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @nimitz ,

I saw that you mentioned that the issue is back? Are there any additional details that you can provide? What does the saturation look like now, is it the same as before? Can you please share a screenshot? Thanks!