Roon remote in iPad is taking longer to connect to Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Rock, version 1.0 build 183, Roon server software version 1.7 build 505

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Gigabyte LAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB

Description Of Issue

I noticed the latest version 1.7 Roon server is taking longer to connect via iPad Roon remote even after Roon Rock OS is fully up and running. It takes around 2 to 3 mins for Roon remote to detect Roon core. Any idea why it is taking so long for the detection to work?

Hi @MusicFidelity,

Can you provide some more network setup information? What is the model/manufacturer of your gear and how is it connected? Are you using only one router or multiple access points?

For networking, I’m using D-Link DIR-825+ Wi-Fi router in the hall and my room using Asus RT-N15U Wi-Fi access point. In both case when I connect either the main router in the hall or the room all exhibit long delay when connecting to Roon server ONLY during start up.

When ROCK OS successfully start up, I was able to view information via IP address in my iPad. However, when I launch Roon remote it takes about 2 to 3 mins to find Roon server using my iPad. See below…

Hi @MusicFidelity,

Thank you for clarifying that information.

I wonder if there is any additional information in your logs. Can I request that you reproduce this issue and then manually send me a copy of your Core logs by using these instructions?

The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive, but if you don’t have either service, just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.