Roon Remote iOS crashes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK 1.7 v537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus RT-AC5300
ROCK (Nucleus i3 8GB RAM) USB storage

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
iPhone 11 Pro
iOS 13.4.1
Roon Remote 1.700537

Description Of Issue
After being stable for a day or two the iOS Roon Remote app crashes after about 30-60s after being opened. Removed app, reinstalled, no change

Latest macOS Roon Remote is stable

Hi @Eric_Zelman,

As a test, can you try using the device in Airplane mode? Does the same issue occur?

After deleting the app, rebooting the Core, restarting the iPhone things got better but the issue returned tonight. Airplane mode was no help. Interestingly the crash leaves the app running just not in the foreground

A post was split to a new topic: iOS Crashes, restarting helped for a bit

Hi @Eric_Zelman,

Can you please use these instruction to access your iPhone debug logs, reproduce the issue while the logging is running and upload the logs to a shared Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com link?

Hi @noris here’s the logs from the previous occurrence- https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok6yf4jvntimopt/Roon%20Crash%20iOS.zip?dl=0

1 Like

Hi @Eric_Zelman,

Thanks for sending these logs over! It looks like there is some useful information here, so let me get these over to QA for further review. It may take a bit of time for this to reach their queue, but once it does I will reach out once more, thanks!

Hi- due to an unrelated issue I reinstalled iOS and the issue seems to have resolved itself. I’ll definitely let you know if it comes back.

Thanks for the update @Eric_Zelman! As I mentioned in the other thread you replied to, if this issue re-occurs please do send us iOS console logs:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.