Roon remote no longer works after updating Windows 10

Hi Carl,

I presume the latest email relates to splitting the topic. Mine is still unresolved. My computer updated Windows 10 last night. Roon remote still does not run on this machine.
I am managing with an ipad but it would be far more convenient if I could get the Windows 10 remote to work again.

Regards,

Frank

Hi @Frank_Rome,

Yes I moved out another users support request to its own topic so the two issues can been independently managed by Roon’s @support team.

Hi @Frank_Rome,

I brought up your case with QA again, but we appear to be missing some critical system information from the remote to understand this issue better. Can I please ask that you:

1. Open Windows Start menu and type in “System Information”. Then, share a screenshot of System Summary and Components -> Display?

2. Send us a new Windows Event Viewer log following the update to build 610? We would like to check to see if there’s been a change in the error trace, instructions copied again below:

Thanks!

Hi Noris,

Thank you for following up.
Please see below the dropbox link to the requested files:

Regards,

Frank

1 Like

Thanks @Frank_Rome, let me get this new info over to QA for closer inspection!

I seem to be getting emails and responses to other peoples issues. Mine is still unresolved.

Thanks,

Frank Rome

For each topic that you are been notified about but don’t wish to be … go to that topic and then change topic’s notification option from Watching to Tracking, Normal or Muted as you require.

1 Like

Thanks. Very easy when you know how.

1 Like

Hello @Frank_Rome,

Thanks for your patience while I had a chance to consult the team further regarding the new information you have submitted.

The team has reviewed the Windows Event Viewer logs and it appears that the crash is occurring due to an interaction between your video drivers and Roon.

In the original post, you mentioned that you have updated the graphics drivers already, but can you please verify this once more? You can download the latest AMD 8000 series drivers from here:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-8000-series-oem/amd-radeon-hd-8570

Hi Noris,

I had previously verified through Microsoft diagnostics that I had the latest drivers.
I have followed the link you gave me and uninstalled the AMD drivers and reinstalled the latest.
The attached Dropbox link is to Word file that has screenshots of what is now installed as well as the error message I am now getting when trying to run Roon.
Please advise what to do next. Do I need the previous version of the AMD driver instead?

Regards,

Frank

Hi @Frank_Rome,

Thanks, let me get this info over to the team.
Can you please also confirm if forcing the other GPU in the remote has the same behavior?

Hi Noris,

Thanks for the quick response this time.

I have changed the setting for Roon within windows, but cannot access the AMD control Centre as described.
I have included a Word document in the Dropbox link below which has the error message when I run Roon. It also has a screen shot of the AMD software I was able to open via the Start menu. I can’t see where I can select the Roon App from this.

Regards,
Frank

1 Like

Thanks @Frank_Rome, let me check with the team on this.

Hi Noris,

Any further suggestions.

When I was reloading the latest AMD drivers, I thought it was working again, but after a restart the issue was still there. Does this provide any clues or suggestions? I am a bit frustrated that the issue has been going since 15 Aug without resolution!

Regards,

Frank

Hi @Frank_Rome,

I know it has been a while, and this issue has been going on longer then either of us would like, but I wanted to update you here. I spoke to the technical team again regarding the issue you are having and we believe it is related to OpenGL failing to start properly.

We have found a tool which shows OpenGL capabilities, can you please run this tool and share a screenshot of the Summary tab and the XML of the generated report? You can generate the XML by pressing the “download” button in the top left corner. Link to app:

If you have any issues generating the report, please just let me know.

@Frank_Rome are you RDP’ing to the Windows PC that has Roon remote running? I have seen an OpenGL error when attempting this connection.

Hi Vincent,

Sorry for the delay, I was away for a few days.

I just tried downloading the software mentioned and have ended up on a support site Driver Support One requiring a USD9.99 subscription for purchase of software. Is this what is intended above?

Regards,

Frank

No it’s free, clicking on the GLview OpenGL image should get you the download.

Thank you. Please find the link below to the docs in dropbox:

Regards,

Frank

1 Like

Thanks @Frank_Rome, I’ve requested additional feedback from the OpenGL output from our QA team, once they have reviewed, I will reach out again, thanks!