Roon Remote not connecting from OnePlus Android phone

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

I am running the core on an iMac with macOS Catalina 10.15.7, Roon Version 1.7 (build 667).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus Zenwifi MESH

Description Of Issue

I have just bought a OnePlus 8T phone running Android version 11, Oxygen OS 11.0.5.6.KB05BA. When I launch the Roon Remote app it does not connect to the Roon core if the core is already running. If I shut down Roon on the iMac and start it again, the app connects. If I turn off "“Accept connections from remotes” and turn it back on the app can connect to the core. These things only work until the next time I launch the app. I did not have this problem with my iPhone and I do not have the problem when using my iPad. So I suspect that there is som kind of trouble between Apple and Android??

Hi @Thomas_Kaas_Eriksen1,

In your router’s settings can you try enabling IGMP Snooping? There is information about doing this here.

I can see that it is already enabled.

Hi @Thomas_Kaas_Eriksen1,

If you try to click on the “Help” button that appears on the “Choose your Core” screen and manually enter the IP address of the Core, are you able to connect without performing the reboot or toggle?

The IP address worked and it seems to have done the trick:-)Thank you for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.