Roon Remote Not Responding on Windows 10

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Home Build 1909 Laptop running Roon Remote v1.7 (build 528)
QNAP with firmware QTS 4.4.2.1262 build 20200402, Roon Core : 1.7 (build 528) stable
QPKG-Version : 2019-06-09
Process ID : 2716

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sky Broadband router, all remotes connect via 2.4/5ghz network, QNAP connected to router via gbit Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chromecast, Airplay, Kef LS50w - all WiFi

Description Of Issue

Roon Remote is running fine on my Phone, Tablet, and a Windows 10 PC. However on my laptop it stops responding shortly after it has initiated. It gets as far as displaying my library contents, but then stops. Looking at Task Manager I can see it is using 25% of CPU and the memory use progressively increases (currently >300mb and continuing to rise!).
This was working fine about a month ago, both Windows and Roon have been updated since.
Let me know if you require more details.

If it has Intel embedded graphics try going to the Intel site and seeing if there is a driver update.

Thanks for the tip ged_hickman1, it worked a treat :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.