Roon Remote on a Kindle HD 10 not seeing Roon Core on QNAP NAS

I’ve already been in the manual. There is NO WAY to program the modem, I already read all of the manual info on page 139 it’s simply informational, it’s not something you can change. Noris mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Unless you have some way to get into the modem to program the IGMP off? I have been through every tab in the modem and there is no option to change this.

Again the ATT rep told me me. There is no way to disable the IGMP

Just going with what I was told.

Regards,

Claus

The handling of IGMP is intrinsic to the home environment these Gateways are designed to support; the Mediaroom IPTV software uses IGMP to arrange the multicast subscriptions for the IPTV receivers. It cannot be turned off.

Not sure if the forum request I read was by the OP, but I found a pretty definitive response on it there. A suggested work around by the ATT expert was that another router could be purchased and the network setup using that router.

Hello @Claus_Blem,

It seems that @Rugby’s finding here indicate that you can’t disable IGMP for that router because it’s needed for IPTV so we are left with just two options moving forward here:

1. You use another tablet that does not have this issue finding Roon Core (such as an iPad)
  2. You purchase a router that has the IGMP Proxying options as a feature and place your modem/router combo into Bridge Mode and set the current router to act only as a Modem. If you decide to go with this option, we have found that Netgear Nighthawk line of routers have had the fewest reported issues.

Please let me know if that helps and which option you end up choosing.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

So I ended up buying another Samsung tablet for $400 to play Roon. It worked great for @ 3.5 weeks and now nothing! SOOOOOOOO Frigging fed up with spending hours and hundreds of $ to get someone else’s program to work!!!

I can’t connect to Roon on my computer, my tablet, my wife’s tablet, anything!!! All our devices check and show up on all network/wifi scans/checks. Everything on the QNAP plays on everything, all EXCEPT ROON!!!

This is by far the most expensive musical disappointment I have EVER had the displeasure of experiencing!!

Hello @Claus_Blem,

Sorry to hear that you’re still having issue with your QNAP, but please do not worry, myself and the rest of the Roon team can help and we solve similar issues on a daily basis.

Here’s what’s going to happen next: I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

I will submit them to QA and ask them to take a look, but to make sure that we have the right info to analyze, I kindly ask for you to reproduce this issue once more and then note the exact local time in your country (ex 9:59PM) that you notice this behavior and which Roon Remote you are making use of.

Once we have this information we will then have a concrete window of timestamps to analyze and take a look to see if there is are any issues “under the hood”. Please let me know this when possible and we can continue troubleshooting from there.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like