Roon Remote on iPad Air 2 13.6 loses track of the track

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win 10 latest updates and Roon server latest as of 8/1

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

UniFi Pro WAPs

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

2 SONOS devices grouped (Port and Sonos One)

Description Of Issue

I will play an album and then let Roon continue with other focused selections… After a while I relaunch the application and it shows that it is playing a track that is not being played… Almost looks like it is a track ahead of what was in the queue.

Awww…no love…:frowning:

Hello @Brad_Davis, my apologies for the delay! Could you please send me a screenshot of this next time it occurs? Do you see this on all remotes or just the iPad Air?

No worries! So here’s an example see attachments…

1. Launch Roon remote
  2. Chose the Dave Grusin album Collection
  3. Tapped queue, and turned on Roon radio to keep playing similar music after the album ended
  4. As this Dave Grusin album was finishing the last track, I opened my iPad and tapped on the room remote application
  5. Instead of showing that the last track was playing, it showed a Lee Rittenour selection playing … See attachment…

Make sense? Thank you.

This does not seem to happen unless I turn the radio feature on.

Hello @Brad_Davis, have you reinstalled on the iPad yet? Also is this happening for your other remotes? Please let me know and we’ll go from there!

Thank you. I did reinstall the Roon remote application… This behavior exists on all my iOS room remote applications… My iPhone XR as well the iPad air 2. The iPhone does a little better… But eventually it loses track of what is playing in the zone as well… Again, only when Roon radio is enabled.

17 days and no further support? Awesome. So now what happens frequently is that I will start an album… again, no Roon radio… I will listen to several songs and then I will pick up my iPad and tap on the Roon application… And lo and behold… Roon remote says that nothing is playing. I don’t know if you have an endemic issue connecting back to your server, an issue with Sonos… Whatever. While I really appreciate the metadata and citation of my music library, let’s just say I’m very glad I am not a lifetime subscriber.

Hello @Brad_Davis, and my apologies for the delay in response. It was my clerical error that caused this thread to be missed. Could you please reproduce the issue one more time on your iPad Air 2 with Roon radio and reply here with the following:

1. Timestamp of when the issue occurs
  2. The track that was playing via radio at the time
  3. screenshots from both the PC and the iPhone

From this information, we’ll gather diagnostics from your account and submit a report to our QA team for an investigation. Again, my apologies for the delay here.

The screenshot below from my iPad shows the truck being played as whipped cream… The track really playing at the time was lemon tree. Time was approximately 739pm Central.

And, after finished playing what it thought it was playing… The album just stopped playing, even though there were tracks left to play. I would suggest simply testing with some Sonos components… My set up is pretty simple.

Finally, I do grow weary of web-based tech support for issues that have some complexity associated with them… Perhaps we could simply arrange a phone call and run through the scenarios. In fact, that’s really all I’m willing to do at this point… Tired of posting, tired of waiting for your response… Let me know if you’re up for a call.

Hello @Brad_Davis, and thanks for the info. I have enabled diagnostics for your iPad and next time it connects to our servers, the report will automatically be uploaded to our servers.

Also, I appreciate your feedback about our support process.

We sometimes hear from people wondering about phone support, email support, or other more traditional methods, and we almost always win them over by resolving problems here every day. I can tell you that we stand behind our products and our support 100%.

Every support thread on this site is tracked by someone on our staff, and they frequently loop in senior staff or developers for feedback. Nearly everyone in our company spends time on this site.

We’ll be in touch as soon as the QA team has analyzed the report.

Hello @Brad_Davis, I checked in and haven’t received the report from your iPad. When you get a chance, could you please use Roon with the iPad so the report can upload? Thanks!

Playing now. Hasn’t gotten off track yet…can take awhile.

Hello @Brad_Davis, thanks for the update! I’m going to enable diagnostics for the iPad for the next 7 days and will check in daily to see if I’ve gotten anything yet.

So ever since your last reply, actually a few days prior even, I have had no issues. Not certain what changed… I did switch iPads… I have a new iPad Pro… But the issue had seemingly resolved itself even when I was still using the old iPad Air 2.

I had been on iPadOS 13.6, now I am on iPad iOS 14… Both of them seem to be ok.

I guess we can close this even though we don’t know root cause or LOL “Roon“ cause. Thank you for your help.

Hey @Brad_Davis, I’m glad things are working again! Please let us know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.