Roon Remote on iPad not finding Roon Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core - Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 on WiFi on BT latest Router.
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
iPad does not find Roon Core. I have had it working regularly before but now It will not find the Lenovo core. I have not changed anything that I am aware of. The iPad does interface with my Auralic using Lightning App Ok.

I have deleted the Roon Remote and re-downloaded it several times to no avail. I have also tried inputting the the IP address manually. The Roon remote works fine on my Lenovo tablet?

Suggestions please.

Regards, Don

Just to clarify, you have RoonCore running on a Lenovo laptop connected wirelessly. You have a Lenovo tablet which CAN connect to the Core, and you have an iPad which cannot connect to the Core.

Had your iPad ever worked with the RoonCore or is this a new device?

Hi @Donald_Maclean,

Is the iPad on the same network as the Core and not on a guest network perhaps? I would also double check to make sure there is no VPN active and that Roon is allowed past the Windows Firewall by using these instructions.

– Noris

Given the op said the core is on WiFi, and he’s using an iPad (no cable) don’t you think it’s safe to assume he’s on the same network? Are there really people partitioning a WiFi router into multiple vpns, and not knowing they’ve done that?

Yes, set up is as described and my Ipad has been working fine with Roon but for some reason the Ipad is now not finding Roon. I am going to look at the firewall and VPN etc. I have renewed my Norton subscription recently so will investigate this avenue though the Lenovo tablet still works with fine with Roon. I use the Ipad with my Auralic streamer and my wife uses the Lenovo tablet with Kef LS 50s the lenovo works fine with the Auralic also ( we do talk to each other sometimes as well !!)

Yes, same network. I will check the VPN and firewall aspects - have renewed my Norton subscription recently, so perhaps, though the Lenovo tablet works fine, thanks.

Hi @Donald_Maclean,

It would be interesting to see if Norton is interfering with the connection to the Core here. If you temporarily disable it, does anything change?

Also, I would try to see if you can manually connect to the Core from the iPad by clicking on the blue “Help” that appears on the Choose your Core screen and inputting the IP address of the Core. If you try to connect that way, does it work?

– Noris

Hi, thanks for all suggestions - I turned the firewall off and Ipad connected fine. I then came out of Roon, turned firewall back on - Ipad connected to core fine.

Hi @Donald_Maclean,

Glad to hear that toggling the firewall helped. Can you let me know if things are still stable after a few days? If so I will go ahead and mark this thread as [Solved].

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.