Roon Remote on iPhone 12 running iOS 14.3 loses focus

Core on MacBook Pro 16" running macOS Big Sur 11.1

Roon Remote on iPhone 12 running iOS 14.3

The Roon Remote App on the iPhone keeps losing focus (basically disappears but the App is still shown as running) Have tried restarting the iPhone a hard reset of the iPhone, removing and reinstalling the Roon Remote App but nothing works. The connection is via WiFi. I searched but could not find any related question or answers. Is anyone else having this problem or had it resolved? It makes the Roon Remote App unusable on the iPhone. I don’t think the App is actually “crashing” as it’s still shown as active and I am able to get focus again briefly before it disappears again after a few seconds.

You’ll find that this is a common occurrence with Roon and iOS. I have had this problem on various iOS versions through the years. It really never improves, and it happens from time to time.

Thanks Ali_Shafai. If this problem has been recurring as much as your response implies I’m very disappointed that Roon has not addressed this. One of the reasons I won’t buy a lifetime usage license is the instability issues of Roon. No other App on the iPhone has this problem - it is only Roon so the problem must be with their app itself.

Yes. This issue is real and happens frequently. It is not a huge problem for me though, because I can go to all of my zones directly.

I got in on the lifetime license a couple of years ago, so I am in and enjoy using Roon with my library.

I stream [Amazon Music HD] music about 90% of the time, and since I no longer use Tidal or Qobuz, I am not served at all with Roon.

My hope [probably fantasy] would be for Amazon to integrate to Roon.

Hello @anon8060941, and my apologies for the frustration here. Next time you encounter this issue could you please reply here with a timestamp (the date and time you encounter the issue) so I can enable diagnostics for your account?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.