Roon remote on iPhone disconnects from core when AirPods are removed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Server for Synology, version 2018-03-08
Running on Synology DS 918

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired Ethernet 1Gbit/s, Ubiquity Unifi
WiFi, Ubiquity Unifi AP Pro (approx 300 Mbit/s from iPhone)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iPhone X
AirPods Pro

Description Of Issue

When I take out the AirPods from my ears music stops, as it should. But Roon Remote also looses connection with the core. My iPhone disappears from the zone list of other Roon remotes.

The only solution is to restart Roon Remote on the iPhone.

All other endpoints seems to be stable (MacBook Pro and two Ropieee with Allo HATs)

Hi @Michael_Sageryd,

Does this issue only happen when using Airpods as the destination zone? Do other Bluetooth headsets also exhibit this issue (if you have any others)?

Can you please note the exact local time + date + track you next see this issue occur with and let me know this info here?

I cannot reproduce this anymore. My core is just upgraded to build 571, as is my Macbook remote. The Roon app on my iPhone is not updated to my knowledge.

Is it possible that this issue was addressed in build 571? Instead of the endpoint disappering from the zone-list in the other remote (MacBook), it now stays and I get the information that “the audio device was removed”. This message does not show up consistently, but the important thing is that the zone remains in the zone list.

I’ll report back to this thread if I see the problem again.

Hi @Michael_Sageryd,

The latest build we have of Roon is build 610 as of yesterday. I would check to see if there are any updates available under the Roon Settings -> About tab. The iOS version will take a bit longer to be published since it has to go through Apple App store approval process and gets rolled out by region.

Yeah, sorry. I read from the wrong endpoint. My Core and my Mac has 610. My two Ropieees has build 571. The 610 version was installed yesterday after Roon told me there was an update.

Same question with correct build number: Is it possible that this issue was addressed in build 610?

Hi @Michael_Sageryd,

Yes, it is possible that this issue was addressed or it was something environmental, I can’t say for sure. In any case, if this behavior returns, just let us know and we can re-open the thread and take another look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.