Roon remote on iPhone-How to get play controls?

Hi folks,

Just installed Roon Remote on my iPhone. at the bottom on the “tool bar”(?) when playing a Tidal tune, the only transport control is PLAY and PAUSE. When we play a local library tune, we get PAUSE as well as TRACK BACK AND TRACK FORWARD. Contrast that with Roon Remote on my MacBook, where I have all the transport controls whether I am playing from local library or Tidal.

It’s very frustrating not being able to move to the previous or next track when listening to a Tidal tune on the iPhone. I checked the topics relating to the iPhone, but saw nothing about this. i also checked the settings/configuration on the iPhone remote and didn’t see a way to modify the tool bar on the iPhone for Tidal.

is this just the way it is on the iPhone app, or am I missing something?

thanks.

Hi Jeff,

I don’t think there’s a difference between Tidal and local content. The controls should be there for all.

When you only have the play/pause, track/artist name and zone showing in the bottom bar, Tap on the track/artist name and it will take you to the Now Playing screen. You should see all the controls there. Click the back arrow at the top of the screen to go back.

Cheers, Greg

DOH! well of course that’s how it works…thanks Greg and sorry for being obtuse and having to post this question. Can’t believe I didn’t figure that out on my own.

Thanks

1 Like

No worries, I guarantee someone else has had the same issue.

Cheers, Greg