Roon Remote on Mac Mini doesn't start

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core on QNAP TVS-672XT
Mac Mini (Catalina 10.15.5/ 32gb i7 6core/ latest Roon)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Roon application doesn’t start on my Mac. The Roon bridge is actually running well.
I would like to control Roon also by mac. Remote on iPad works well.

What errors, if any, do you get?

Any error, just roon appear one second in process list of activity report and than disappear

If you stopped Roonbridge first, does Roon then start?

No, first that I tried, I restart mac mini without bridge and than launched roon but same issue. I thought, because I already have roon core running on nas and roon application has inside core as well… maybe conflicts?

When you install Roon on the mac mini, if there is a core already on the network, you should choose the option to attach to that core.

So try uninstalling Roon on the mini and then re-installing it. (keeping RoonBridge shut down the entire time)

reinstalled and launched with nas (core) shutted down and no roon bridge.
Same issue

If I login my mac as guest user it start regularly.
I login again as admin with a minimum sw running but nothing, it doesn’t start.

Hi @Filippo_De_Maio,

Can you please use these instructions to access your Roon Mac logs and send me a copy? Note, please access the Roon logs under the “Roon” folder on your Mac, not the QNAP logs:

OS X Core

You can find your Roon folder (or RoonServer folder) by following these steps:

1. Open Finder and click Go in the top bar
  2. Hold down the Option key (or Alt)(⌥) to unhide the Library folder
  3. Click the Library folder

[https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3fahudx6uzqwnl/filippodemaio%40gmail.com_Logs.zip?dl=0]

Thanks Noris!

Hi @Filippo_De_Maio,

Thanks for sending that log over! I’m not noticing much there, so I suggest we do a full reinstall of Roon to see if this helps. Can you please:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

Hi Noris,
Your last suggestion was succesful! Thank you!
Unfortunately I have now only 4 days left to evaluate roon… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

@accounts an extension possible?

Hi @Filippo_De_Maio,

Glad to hear that my instructions helped resolve the issue!
I will follow up via private message regarding the trial.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.