Roon Remote on multiple Android devices will not connect to Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Xeon CPU E5-2695 v2 2.4 GHz, 112GB, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Workstation

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Realtek 8812BU USB NIC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Multiple, not the issue

Description Of Issue

Recently Roon Remote on my Android devices stopped connecting to Core. No configuration changes were made

Hello @Jack_Stark, what version of android are you running? Also, do you have any luck if you enter the core’s IP into the app? You can do this by trying to select a different core and tapping on the “help” option.

Nuwriy,
Thanks for getting back. I am running two different Android versions on my Roon Remotes, and since neither was connecting i focused on the Roon Core Server. I know it is recommended to have the Core copper connected to the LAN, but there is no easy option for that in my case. I have been using a high end USB WiFi NIC successfully for some time, and then it began acting up. I managed to get it all to work by changing USB ports on the NIC even though it was in the USB3.0 port as recommended. It benchmarks better in one of the USB2.0 ports, and after that configuration change everything seems to be working fine now. It is unclear how the issue resolved unfortunately.
Jack

Hello @Jack_Stark, I’m glad things are working again! Please let me know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.