Roon Remote Problem

I have Roon Rock installed on an Intel NUC8i5 which I control wirelessly with my Android phone. The NUC is wired by ethernet on my network. The issue I’m having is that the Roon app sometimes appears and other times does not. I get a lost connection message or looking for Roon Core message very frequently. The problem is intermittent. It always eventually finds it, but it can sometimes take a long time. Even after establishing a connection, it will sometimes disappear/reappear. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

show us the GUI page for the network settings…and fill the support info requested…its requested for a reason!

1 Like

Hello @Alan_Caro1, when did this issue start? What version of Android are you running?

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi. This issue started when I added a new pair of Bowers Formation Duos to my network. Here is a summary of my system/network:

1. Android Pie / Ipad OS 12
  2. Bell Home Hub 2000 (modem/router)
  3. TP Link 16 Port Switch
  4. Linksys Router in Bridge Mode connected to TP Link Switch
  5. Roon Rock installed on NUC8I5 connected into TP Link Switch

Hello @Alan_Caro1, is that switch managed? Does it have the “Green Technology” features? Per our Networking Best Practices guide, we do not recommend managed switches or EoP features. I’d try removing the switch temporarily if possible and see if the connection clears up. Please let me know!

I will give that a try. The switch is relatively new. It is an easy switch (TL-SG116E) which is kind of but not really a managed switch. It is not a poe switch.

Sounds good! Let me know if removing it makes a change.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.