Roon Remote stalls on connection

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 (64-bit home) Desktop with 4.0 GHz quad-core Skylake i7-6700k CPU
16 GB or Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz ram
Roon core installed on Samsung EVO 850 SSD

Local files stored on QNAP TS-431+. Network drives mapped to Win10 Desktop.
Qobuz and Tidal both subscribed to and integrated.

Roon version 1.7 (build 537) stable (64-bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Motorola SB-6183 modem
TP-Link AX6000 router
Win10 desktop and QNAP NAS both attached to the router directly via Cat6 ethernet cable.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Android (Google Pixel 2) phone - as remote
Android (Samsung Galaxy Tab S6) - as remote

Description Of Issue

Last night my Android Tablet was connecting to my Roon core well (quickly/instantly), allowing for smooth/fast playback to my various endpoints. But my android phone would not connect. It would sit endlessly if I let it. Closing all apps and rebooting my phone would allow reconnection to occur. Problem would happen a half hour or so later, and the same steps would remedy the problem.

This morning, my Android Phone is connecting to my Roon core well (quickly/instantly), but this time my tablet is showing the same symptoms that my Phone did last night. It just won’t connect. Unlike last night with my phone, closing all apps and rebooting my tablet isn’t helping to restore connection, I’m just “looking for your Roon Core” endlessly.

Hello @Timothy_King and thanks for the details. To clarify, are these new devices or were they working previously and you’re just now getting this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.