Roon Remote stopped working with my mac mini and Windows laptop

Core
Mac mini 2011 OS Sierra and HP Pavillion with windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WIFi ASUS RT-AC1200

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Connected to a ProJect Pre Box digital S2 DAC and a Mcintosh Amp
Description Of Issue

The remote does not connect to my Core on My old Mac Mini or My 3 year old laptop. I have tried reinstalling everything, resetting router, confirmed all devices are on the same network and I have tried the remote app on a Goggle Pixl2 and An older Iphone with the same results. The remote was working fine a week or two ago. All it says is “Looking for your Roon Core” It feels like a setting in Roon I can’t figure out. The Roon is configured to allow remotes.

Thanks,

John

Hi @John_Wahl,

Can you please confirm if the Mac Mini and the Windows 10 you were using reside on the same subnet as your Roon Remotes? This would mean that they have the same IP address except for the last 3 digits, e.g. 192.168.1.XXX. Do you have “Mutlicast” enabled in your router settings?

Yes they are on the same subnet and I do not know how to check MultiCast" In my router settings, but I will try and look. Funny thing is that it started working on my old iphone for 2 days and now it won’t connect again.

Mac Mini 2011 running macOS Ciara. Moon version 1.7

My Roku remote stopped working, I’ve tried on my Google pixel 2 and older iPhone. Both times it just says looking for roon core and never connects. I verified that everybody’s on the same network and Roon is configured to allow our remotes to connect.

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @John_Wahl,

Just to confirm, is the Google Pixel 2 and iPhone able to properly connect, or does this have issues as well?

Have you tried rebooting your Core, networking gear and Roon Remote yet? I would give this a try if you haven’t.

Also, not sure what you mean by Roku remote, is this an Android device produced by Roku or did you mean to write Roon?

No the Pixel 2 and iphone will not connect to the core, they just keep looking. I have robooted the networking gear and the apple mini and the 2 phones, also uninstalled and reinstalled Roon on the Mac Mini. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the "remote application on the 2 phones.

Hi @John_Wahl,

Can you please check to see if Roon is allowed past your MacOS firewall? You can use these instructions from Apple to check, I would make sure that both Roon and RAATServer are listed there.

If you have any other firewalls or antivirus applications (such as McAFee/Bullguard/Kaspersky/Little Snitch), I would try to disable them.

Also, what does your network setup look like? Can you let me know the model/manufacturer of your router and any access points, including how your Core is connected to the network (WiFi/Ethernet)?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.