Roon remote times out and can't find Roon core after I updated Mac M1 Mini to latest OS [Fixed: Updated Roon]

Roon Core Machine

MAC M1 Mini, 16MB RAM 256 SSD.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus AX6000, Running Mesh Mode with 3 access points.

Connected Audio Devices

IFI Stream + USB SMSL M400 + Balanced XLR out to the KRK 10" Subwoofer KRK + Rocket 8" Active Speakers.

Number of Tracks in Library

16887 Tracks, 1268 Albums.

Description of Issue

After Apple’s latest update Dell XPS 15 9560 and Apple iPad 2 losses connection with Mac M1 Mini running Roon core.

The disconnection only happen when I pause the Roon server.

This never happen before once I start to play a song on the Roon server the remote device is able to find Roon core again.

Hi @George_Lo,

Does this happen on both the Dell and the iPad? If you pause on one does the disconnect happen on both at the same time?

Is this only happening when playing to the iFi or does the same thing occur if you play to System Output of a remote?

1 Like

Both devices drop off from roon server at the same time. Yes if you pause on one both disconnects from roon server.

I have only been using IFI Stream I will use Allo Boss2 and let you know. I am using my old Mac book Pro 2012 as the server now all is fine. No drop connection when server is idle.

Thanks

Another question which off topic is there a Roon server for the Apple M1 chip.

After applying latest Roon update all fixed… I suppose best to wait two weeks before applying any updates.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.