Roon Remote will not connect after 1.7 build 536 update

Core System

Core: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6ghz
16 gb ram
Windows 10 Home Ver. 1909 , build 18363.815

Running ESET Internet Security software.

**Network Details : Core is ethernet connected to the network through a Netgear gigabit network switch.
All remote devices connect through WiFi - Google mesh local network.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Several audio devices: Using iPhone 11, iPad, and Lenovo Yoga 920 running WIN10 Pro for remote connections. USB connections to outboard DACs. Schiit Modi 3, Schiit Bifrost, and Topping D70.

Description Of Issue

I see numerous post for this same issue but adding mine as well.

Roon remote will not connect to core after update to build 536. Same issue from all remote devices, Roon Remote recognizes the Core machine but “stuck” initializing. The Roon Core appears to function normally - output to connected speakers and USB connected Schiit Modi 3 both function as before.

Rebooted core as well as reinstalling Roon Remote on the iPhone device. Updated Core to latest Window build and rebooted again.

Tried disabling my firewall.

Hi @Paul_Wilson,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? Thanks!

Hi @Paul_Wilson,

Please see see our latest update on this here:

Thanks Dylan,

I don’t currently have access to DropBox for the log files. Can you please provide the alternative?

Paul

Hi @Paul_Wilson,

We’ve posted another update here:

This should be resolved now. You might need to restart your Core and restart Roon on your remote devices, but after that things should be working for you. If you’re still running into any issues please let us know!

Issue resolved for me. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.