Roon Remote will show only landscape view?

Hi,

since I like the Roon’s sound quality very much my aim is to buy the year’s licence.

But, since I have an iPad 3, and there the Remote doesn’t work, and I don’t want to use workarounds like web interface or other remotes (thanks anyway for the advices in the other thread), I want to buy a tablet only to use Roon correctly and smoothly.

Since I have mobile Apple devices only, I’d prefer to go with the new iPad, but I am really afraid that the app will only work in landscape mode (horizonal).

I am right?

I totally hate to read and (above all) to write in horizontal mode so to me is more than important to understand it before I buy the new iPad.

It works in both ways on my iPad Pro 12.9". Not sure if you want to go that big.

In fact, I absolutely don’t want a so big tablet :slight_smile:

I want to buy the standard “new” iPad (2017 model) or the iPad Pro 10,5.

Nothing bigger so I am waiting for someone could tell me about the portrait mode availability in them both.

Otherwise I will stick into a remote desktop instead to change tablet but it’s the worst scenario.

Only the iPad Pro 12.9" can do portrait.

We are doing a UI redesign that unifies the UI across phone tablet and desktop, and that will be able to do portrait on all tablets. However, there is no release date for that, and you should not wait for it. Hopefully next year.

1 Like

I can confirm the latest 10.5” iPad Pro does NOT work in portrait mode for Roon I believe that the only iPad that will work in portrait mode is the 12.9”

The iPhone’s only work in portrait mode as does the iPod Touch 6th gen but these might be too small for your daily use needs. I personally get by with the 6s+ and 8+ but I also have no issue with iPad Air 2 in landscape.

@danny ninja posted on me :smile: and confirmed my belief.

Blockquote
We are doing a UI redesign that unifies the UI across phone tablet and desktop, and that will be able to do portrait on all tablets. However, there is no release date for that, and you should not wait for it. Hopefully next year.

I will surely make the subscription for Roon, but I really hope that portrait mode will be done someday, on simply tablet as the standard iPad (that is the one I am buying).

I don’t know the other users, but I swear I cannot even think to write to search a song in landscape. :frowning: