Roon Remote (Windows) 'Not Responding'

Roon Remote on my Windows 8.1 laptop (and also on a friend’s Win 10 laptop) hangs after a period of inactivity. When I come back to to it the screen ‘greys out’ and I get:

Task Manager shows it is active:

Closing the app and restarting it works each time without any problem, but it’s a bit irritating to have to do this each time.

The problem appears to date from the Build 165 update.

Hi @Tony_Devitt ---- Thanks for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. To help me evaluate this issue more concisely may I ask you to please provide the following information:

1. The details of your setup as here.

2. A description of your network configuration/ topology, as well as some insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing.

3. Can you confirm if you are noticing this behavior with any other devices running Roon remote?

-Eric

Roon Remote is running on a Lenovo T540P laptop under Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit). The laptop connects wirelessly to a Huawei 659 Router. Roon Remote is being used to control Roon Server/Roon Ready running on an Antipodes server. I have not noticed the behaviour with other Roon Remote devices but I do not leave the Roon Remote app running on those devices as I do on the Windows laptop.

Hi @Tony_Devitt ---- Thank you for the follow up and the feedback. I’d like to gather some logs from you and will be contacting you PM momentarily with instructions.

-Eric

14:58 my time clicked on Roon in Task Bar, got ‘Not Responding’, closed app, restarted Roon Remote, went to Support, sent logs.

1 Like

HI @Tony_Devitt ----- Thank you for the follow up and the feedback. Confirming that your logs have been received and are in our queue to be evaluated by one of our developers. We appreciate your patience while we investigate.

-Eric