Roon Remotes not working when connected to access point

Same issue here…
Huawei P30 PRO
Other phones are working nicely (Xiaomi note 6, note 5…), other computers too (tablet surface pro 6, asus laptop).
Strange thing is i’m using a mesh wifi network and P30 can connect to the core only when connected on the main router wifi. When it’s roaming to another router, it looses the core.
As other devices are working fine when roaming, i think it’s Huawei related but can’t think of a solution… Reinstalling the app didn’t help…

1 Like

Same beahvior on a fresh installed google pixel 2XL with android 10…
It has something to do with wifi roaming… Disablead WIFI+, no changes…wiered
Spotify connect works without any issue.

Hello @Thomas_PRIVAT,

I would check to make sure that the access point is on the same subnet as the primary router and that you have multicast routing (and possibly IGMP Snooping/Proxying) turned on for both router and access point.

Hi,
My nodes (AP’s) are on the same subnet. It’s mandatory for Asus mesh configuration and i checked it myself.

I activated IGMP proxy. On Asus Ai mesh network, there is one “master” router and all the setup is done on it. You can’t specificaly configure each node (which is precisely the adavntage of this setup).

My P30 is on fixed IP, inthe range of my subnet and my Xiaomi is DHCP, also on the rrange of my subnet.

Again, what i can’t understand is why the xiaomi phones work all over my house whatever the node it’s connected to (same for my windows 10 surface pro and my windows 10 asus laptop)
and why only P30 and Pixel 2 are not except if they are wifi connected to the “master” router.
The only différence is that the Nas with the “core” running on it is connected to “master” router directly thru a switch.

Is there a way to get a debug or log file from the mobile apps to try to see where the problem stands ?

Ok…
I feel a bit stupid…
I don’t know how, but until this morning and the reading of some posts, i never found the “enter the IP of your server” in the mobile app…
And of course, as my NAS has a reserved IP adress, when i entered it, problem was solved !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.