Roon remotes will not connect to Core

Description of Issue

We are running Roon remotes on an iPad with iOS15.2 and an Android phone running G973USQU6GUJ3. Neither will connect to the Core. All devices and the Core are connected to our WiFi network and are running independently with no issues. I’ve rebooted the Core several times, but that does not fix the problem. I cannot run any of the troubleshooting steps on the Support Pages because I cannot get past the screens that tell me Roon is waiting for the remote Core and can’t connect. What is the fix for this??

Hello and welcome to the community.

Is this related to the core updating to the new 880. If so did you also update the remotes to 880?

Hi @Julie_Hodapp I have experienced the same problem, I checked the core (settings/audio) and my IOS devices weren’t present which explained why they weren’t able to connect to the core. I rebooted the IOS devices and they reappeared and now function normally.
It may not work for you but is worth a try.

Hi @Julie_Hodapp, please accept our sincerest apologies for not being able to respond to your request sooner, it certainly was not our intention! We truly appreciate your patience!

I wanted to check in and see if you were still experiencing this issue with the remotes not connecting to the Core?

As a first step, we’d recommend updating all devices to the most recent version of Roon. You can find these in the Google Play Store, App store, and on our downloads page.

The next steps would be to fully reboot your Core and router, by powering them down, unplugging them for a few minutes, plugging them back in and turning them on. If there is no change after that, we’d recommend changing the DNS.

We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

If at that point, you’re still not able to connect, could you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thanks so much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.