Roon rename folder on Nas and lose track of the albums

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Core on Macbook Pro. Roon server running on Qnap NAS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

MacBook pro connect to wifi. NAS connect to same network through lan.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Macbook Pro connected to Musical Fidelity M6sR DAC via Usb

Description Of Issue

Roon apparently renamed folder on NAS music folder. Now albums are not recognized anymore and do not show up in library. Here see Johnny Cash folder been renamed. No album show in library. I thought Roon was not changing folder/files at all. Need to know how to solve to decide if stay with Roon : have 5 days left in trial period . Yesterday was all working flawlessly.

Roon does not rename folders. Why do you think it was Roon? Did your NAS do a file check? That naming looks like a recovered corrupted file/folder from a file check.

Hi. I think it was Roon because the issue happened just after launching Roon yesterday afternoon and at every start it perform a folder scan. I could see the issue because by a chance I wanted to listen to Johnny Cash and the files were not in the library. I then closed Roon and opened few hours later. This time after the scan the album come back in the Roon library and the path shows they are in the renamed folder.

I think You can omit this one. I discovered is a MAC El Capitan + SMB access to NAS issue. The names are changed when files/folder names does not comply with SMB but they do comply with AFP…
thank You and sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.