Roon repeately quit on my iMac

Roon Core Machine

iMac 27’ 2020 3.8 Ghz 8 core Intel Core i7 with. 48 GB memory.
Running Ventura 13.1.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon has been quitting on my iMac for some time now. Also, the music has been stopping while playing recently and then starting again.

These issues have happened since the major Roon update several months ago.

All the energy-saving settings are enabled to prevent the iMac from going to sleep, as they have been since I began using Roon.

Hi @Jon_Schneider,

It might be helpful for you to complete the support template in its entirety. That said, I’m going to give you some steps to try. If they don’t work, please do report back and complete the template when you do.

I see several errors in your diagnostics logging. There are connectivity errors as well as errors surrounding your file library. These may not be causing the problem but it’s certainly worth a shot to fix them and see what happens from there. I’m going to

Connectivity errors:

Setting your primary and secondary DNS on your router to either Google or Cloudfare could help here. Google’s primary DNS server is 8.8.8.8 and the secondary is 8.8.4.4. Cloudfare’s primary is 1.1.1.1 and the secondary is 1.0.0.1. Please consult your router’s manual for specific instructions. If you can’t find the area to make the change you can provide the make/model here and we’ll do our best to help.

Errors with storage:

Most of the errors are in relation to your iTunes folder and are related to unsupported formats. You might benefit from a library cleanup (Roon>Settings>Library).

Errors with cache:

Here’s how you clear your Roon cache.

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

If this doesn’t do the trick, a complete rename of the Roon folder may be necessary so please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.