Roon reporting incorrect resolution of HiRes Qobuz tracks. Australia

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC8i7BEH

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus Mesh network. Devices plugged in via ethernet. Mesh over wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NUC8i7 with latest ROCK installed - USB Cable - Rotel RC-1590 preamp - XLR Cables - Rotel RB-1590 power amp - B&W CM10-

Description Of Issue

Roon is reporting incorrect metadata. Qobuz became available in Australia in the last day or so. Other people are experiencing the same issue Qobuz in Australia - #61 by bensearle54 . Roon reports pretty much all Qobuz tracks as FLAC 44.1kHz 16bit.

When you play the file the signal path bit rate is different. Please see screenshot below:

This is a different issue, where the actual rate is better than stated. The linked issue is that the actual rate is worse than expected (oversimplified).

Roon reports what Qobuz tells us… That said, as I understand it, Qobuz still hasn’t officially launched in Australia yet. Given that the last daily “incremental” update we received from Qobuz was >20% of their entire album and >28% of their entire track catalog, I would say that they are still in the process of rolling this out / fixing this. Please be patient; this will get resolved soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the information Joel. I appreciate the info. Have a great day.

How many holes does Qobuz fill that Tidal leaves us?

We just got Qobuz in Sweden, yesterday 192 played as 44.1, today 192 play correctly but Roon still shows 44.1 for all material. But still early days so might be fixed anytime I hope.

Yes fixed now and Roon shows 192/24 for me now at least (Sweden)

Not for me, but just to make sure we are talking about same thing see screenshots

When I play it it does play in 192/24

Ah I see. Indeed the same here. At least it plays in 192/24 now which was not the case before today.

1 Like

The same here (Sweden). Why not show the black and yellow high-res logo like native Qobuz do?

But at least the resolution it plays in must be clearly and correctly shown by the album.

/ Ulf

1 Like

Some of the content is now showing the correct resolution for example CCR The Complete Studio Albums. Looks like the incremental update is slowly populating the data.

Yes, the example I gave above with Norah Jones is also fixed, nice quick fixes!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.