Roon reports having problem loading my database [Resolved]

@support I have just arrived at my second home. My license is on another computer in another state and I played it 2 nights ago. I expected the “transfer license to another computer” message. Instead I got “software change may take longer to load…having trouble loading your database” messages. Rebooted and same thing happened.

Hi @Mtns ------ Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. Can you please provide me the details of your setup in your second home as seen here.

-Eric

More info as followsRoon Version unknown. Updated in North Carolina home in the last few weeks. My computer is HPEnvy Model 23-o014 running a recent update of Windows 10 Home Version. 64 bit processing and i5 4th generation.
Music(100,000 tracks 44.1/16 primarily FLAC and ALAC) is on a QNAP 469L connected Cat 5 via Netgear Gigabit switches. 5 Terrabyte Seagate Disc Drives -PN 15F 17x-500’ if that makes any sense. The router is an AT&T ID40 661R. The system is all wired. Playback through Meridian MS600 to G61R to DSP speakers.
What is puzzling to me is the license is on the NC computer. I did not complete the transfer to the Florida computer to my knowledge. Have done this back and forth without issue for over a year.

Hi @Mtns ------ Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my question. Your feedback is appreciated! I would like to gather some logs from you so our developers can have a closer look into this issue you. I will be contacting you momentarily via PM with instructions.

-Eric

Problem resolved by by Meridian Dealer and as I understand it involved a glitch in transferring my license from one home to the other among other things over my head.

1 Like

Hi James (@Mtns ) Appreciate the follow up :sunglasses: Happy listening!

-Eric