Roon - Resound hearing aids

Looks like this is a problem with Roon and hearing aids other than the Oticons. My wife has Resound hearing aids connected by blutooth to her iPhone 6 with the same issue. iTunes and other music apps work just fine, but Roon has the same issue as @pieterdvr. When you hit play, each track in the queue flashes in the now playing area for a few hundred milliseconds then advances to the next track without playing, repeating this until the queue is empty.

Hello @AudioDreamer, and thanks for your report! Could you please try upsampling a track to 48k and playing it to the hearing aids? Let me know if that gives us better results!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Core on nuc8i7, Orbi mesh Wi-Fi, iPhone 6s

Roon works properly on this phone including using internal speakers or Bluetooth headphones, however when phone is connected to hearing aids by Bluetooth all queued track skip and nothing is played. iTunes and Qobuz apps work properly.

It is not possible in the dsp setup on an iPhone to configure sample rate conversion as requested.

Hi @nuwriy,
The same holds for mu Oticon OPN1 hearing aids.
Pieter

Hello @pieterdvr and @AudioDreamer, my apologies for the delay. I wanted to get some clarification from our team before continuing. Here’s what I’d like to do:

1. Could you please connect your hearing aids via Bluetooth directly to a mac or PC, avoiding the phones for now.
  2. Make sure they aren’t set as “private zones” and select them as endpoints.
  3. Play some content and let me know if this works
  4. Please reply with a timestamp of when you did this so I can enable diagnostics for your accounts and we can send some info over to our QA team.

Thanks, and please let me know if you have any questions about these steps, happy to offer clarification!

I have just bought an i pad for my partner to use with her oticon hearing aids and have the exact same issue. Did this get solved? Any ideas would be appreciated thanks

I have just acquired Widex Moment hearing aids. I have set them up properly in iOS via the Accessibilty menu to connect with my iPhone. TIDAL works fine–it thinks it is playing to the iPhone speakers and the sound emerges in my hearing aids. But Roon does not play in the hearing aids; instead, Roon seems to be skipping track after track.

The same with my Oticon Opn 1.

Pieter

I’ve been waiting since January to hear back after sending them my log files. If you use the oticon connect adapter with an android phone, roon works fine. I also have the tv adapter which will connect to an amp with a line out, then go direct to the oticon hearing aids. Hope this helps, ios does not work at the moment,although the oticon connect may act as a go between on iPhone on roon but I haven’t tried it.