Roon Rock as the end point always gets out

@ Support
Hi,
I am running a Prime 4 mini (Core I3, NUC) with Roon Rock via WiFi as the end point.
In the past this computer was my Roon Core with identical requirements. After I bought a new Roon Core (Prime 4 mini, Core i7, NUC) I only reset the operating system (Rock) via the web interface. Now the situation arises that the endpoint drops out every 4-6 days and is no longer available in the network, a restart of the computer and everything is back. No user is set on the endpoint, Roon is not configured, no library etc. It goes to the DAC via USB.
In the past as Roon Core, with one user and library, the computer was constantly on the network and had no failures.
The WiFi network is stable, 5GHz in use, streaming is stable including DSD and multiroom.
Could it be due to the missing user / license as an endpoint?

Many Thanks.
Thorsten

Hey @Thorsten_Heinrich,

Thanks a whole lot for sharing a bit of your context and for letting us know the issue you’ve been experiencing. I am sorry about it and that it took us this long to get back to you :pleading_face:

Just to make sure we’re not missing any important information, would you mind describing your setup using the template below as a reference?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
TEXT GOES HERE

That is, if you’re still running into this issue.

A big thank you :pray:

Hey Rebeka,

thank you very much for entry. I think the data are all listed in the complaint about the problem, gladly again the individual points and the problem.
Best regards, Thorsten.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

PrimeMini NUC Core i7, Roon Rock, Version 1.0 (build 227) stable, Version 1.8 (build 778) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Router FritzBox 7530, Core per Lan (Audiquest) on Router….Endpoint > W-Lan

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PrimeMini NUC Core i3, Roon Rock, Version 1.0 (build 227) stable, Version 1.8 (build 764) stable, USB > McIntosh C2700

Description Of Issue

I am running a Prime 4 mini (Core I3, NUC) with Roon Rock via WiFi as the end point.

In the past this computer was my Roon Core with identical requirements. After I bought a new Roon Core (Prime 4 mini, Core i7, NUC) I only reset the operating system (Rock) via the web interface. Now the situation arises that the endpoint drops out every 4-6 days and is no longer available in the network, a restart of the computer and everything is back. No user is set on the endpoint, Roon is not configured, no library etc. It goes to the DAC via USB.

In the past as Roon Core, with one user and library, the computer was constantly on the network and had no failures.

The WiFi network is stable, 5GHz in use, streaming is stable including DSD and multiroom.

Two further endpoints via WiFi in the same network (Naim Cube 2 Gen.) are always there and are not lost.

Could it be due to the missing user / license as an endpoint?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Apologies for the lack of response here, @Thorsten_Heinrich.

The next time this happens can you send us logs before restarting?

You’ll need to use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Does this happen in the middle of playback, or are the endpoints gone after being idle for some time?

Hello,
as already written in my mail, I ended the situation for myself. To get back to your question anyway, the endpoint dropped out while idling. I can exclude the hardware, the end point was previously a RoonCore with the same requirements, location and framework conditions.

"Hello,
I think it’s a shame that there was no response to my problem. Don’t use “Sorry” or the like if the answer continues to be ignored.
I have now removed the computer as a Roon endpoint and placed an Auralic. However, I had previously only replaced the Auralic with the PrimeMini 4 with RoonRock or bought it for it. Very unfortunate to deal with his customers like that.
Thank you, Thorsten "

The situation was also detailed in advance.

Many Thanks.