Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus Blue Cave AC2600 Router & Asus DSL-AC68u acting as Node in Mesh Network

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node 2 (x 2)
Anthem MRX-540 (Google Cast)

Number of Tracks in Library

20000 Tracks

Description of Issue

We had a severe storm hit quite suddenly a few weeks ago, power dipped and came back several times very quickly. Since then, I have been unable to get the NUC to connect to the network.
I have hardwired direct to router with no luck.

I connected it to a display and looked to see what was happening and it does appear to boot, but gets stuck “searching for network”.

Is this unit salvagable or am I going to need to replace it?

Any guidance much appreciated.

Have you tried power cycling your network components, modem and router, after the brown outs occurred?

Can you gives us a screen shot of what you are seeing on the monitor?
Can you hook up a keyboard and get to the command line? if so, try this?

I have yes, went as far as to completely re-setup the network.

Try perhaps using an after market USB-A to Ethernet (Gigabit ideally) adapter and see if that salvages the issue…wont fix the NUC but maybe get you going again. I don’t know if your NUC has a USB-C port but not sure if ROCK supports USB-C connection

should work for most adapters on USB-A ports

1 Like

Thanks, will give that a go if the network reset doesn’t work!

Unfortunately this did not work, I have attached the boot message I see
image|690x341

Are the lights on the ethernet port on the NUC and router blinking? (indicating they are trying to communicate)
If not try this:

And while you are in the BIOS you might try turning on the WiFi? Not ideal but may get you running?

If that still does not work, you could try what @wizardofoz suggested.

Last resort is to re-install the ROCK if there is no indication that the ethernet is fried.

1 Like

Thanks for the pointers, I believe the lights do come on at least on start up, but I will need to double check.

Just wanted to confirm also before updating the BIOS, that Version 0089 is compatible with ROCK?

I would not be able to say whether that bios version is compatible or not, I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t be, though.
I have left mine at 0081. I also have a different model NUC than yours.

1 Like

Reinstall ROCK?

I will give that a try, thanks

Hi all, have reinstalled Rock to no avail, can confirm that the ethernet port lights on the right side, but not on the left.

Have ordered a USB to Ethernet gigabit adapter as suggested by @wizardofoz and will see if that gets me up and running again, fingers crossed!

Just wanted to say thanks to the community for all the help thus far, much appreciated.

1 Like

I didn’t see this mentioned in the post and you may be thinking about it already but having a UPS system for your NUC is worth the cost to eliminate future episodes like this.

2 Likes

Hey @Tarkan_Ceviker thanks for bringing this up in Community! I see that already you have received excellent support from other users - thanks everyone! You are all wonderful. :pray:t3:

Please be sure to update us if the adapter does not provide a solution.

Another option that you have is to change the DNS Server. We have seen users have a better experience in the past if they change their Router’s DNS servers from the ISP provided ones to Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS. Can you please give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Please feel free to take a look at our Networking Best Practices Guide for more information that might be helpful to your situation.

Thanks!

Thanks Ashley, yes it would appear as though the brown out cost me the Ethernet input on my NUC, but as suggested the USB-A to Ethernet adapter seems to have resolved it.

Thanks everyone for the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.