Roon Rock no longer recognized [Resolved - Reboot]

Roon Core Machine
I am using a 10th generation Intel Nuc with Rock installed. It worked fine and I went on vacation.
I come back from vacation and the core cannot be found. There is a yellow light that used to pulse occassionally on the Nuc but does not do that now. The power button is on and I have restarted it multiple times. It is only 7 months old. It is connected to a switch via ethernet and I have a Asus RTAX88U router. What needs to be done to get all this working again. Not sure at all what transpired to cause the NUC to stop being recognized as a roon server. Thanks.

Hello @Gary_Cardinale

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question. We’d be happy to help.

From what you’ve described it sounds like you’re not getting data on the ethernet port of your Roon ROCK. Please try rebooting your Modem and Router to start. If that doesn’t work lets take the switch out of the configuration next, connect the ROCK directly to the LAN output of the router. If this doesn’t work please try a different ethernet cable. Hopefully one of these steps will get you going again.

If none of these fixes are successful please provide a detailed description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

We’ll get right back to you once we have a good look at your setup info. Thanks!

I rebooted the ROCK several times and it worked. Not sure what the issue was but all is fine now. Thanks. Gary

1 Like

Hey @Gary_Cardinale

Excellent news, thank you for the update. We’re glad to hear that the issue was cleared up with a restart. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us anytime we can be of help. :+1:t2: