ROON Rock on NUC

The wifi is largely provided by google mesh connected to the router. Perhaps the google mesh has a separate subnet - seems likely now that it is emerging. Is there a way to change this.

I think that you have the situation where your ISP’s Huawei modem/router is handing out addresses in the 192.168.100.x range, and your Google Mesh router is handing out addresses in the 192.168.86.x range.

The best thing to do would be to set the Huawei modem/router into Bridge mode and connect it with an ethernet cable to your primary Google Mesh router. If you have your switch currently plugged into the Huawei, you should move it to connect to the second ethernet port on the Google Mesh router.

I do have the Google mesh router currently plugged into the Huawei. I will change it as you suggest hope both the Huawei and Mesh will be in sync. I will explore this and try and figure this out.

Thanks so much for providing this valuable input. Really appreciate it.

Thanks Geoff for your suggestion. After a while, I managed to get my primary router in bridge mode (with a lot of conversations with my ISP!) and Google mesh router as the primary router. Now, I see that both wifi and ethernet connections in the 192.168.87.x address and the connected devices appear to be working fine ! Thanks again for the valuable input.

Only now the Roon app on my computer is not seeing itself as one of the devices ! The app works but if I want the audio output on the PC (connected to say the RME DAC on USB) it is not seeing it and I cannot enable it. The ROON NUC is working fine.

If the audio devices on the PC are not showing up under Settings > Audio in the Roon app, then this is usually a sign that the Firewall rules for Roon have been changed - possibly by a recent Windows Update.

You can test this by (temporarily) turning off the Windows Firewall on your PC. If the audio devices appear in Roon, then you need to re-create the Firewall rules for Roon. See:

2 Likes

Got it !

Thanks again. Appreciate all the assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.