Roon Rock Qobuz playback via USB is always 16bit/44KHz despite Higher Res streams being available [Solved - Qobuz Account Issue]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Rock Version 1.7 (build 667) stable running on an Intel NUC8I7BEH3 (Core i7)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

70Mb broadband, 1G wired Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon Rock is USB connected to T+A MP 3100 HV, and Roon is 1G ethernet connected

Description Of Issue

I have a Qobuz sublime subscription, and I can stream music from Qobuz using their app above 44K/16bit, and Roon will stream from Tidal above CD quality, but Roon only streams from Qobuz at CD quality to the USB input of my T+A. I can play back local FLAC/DSD files via roon to the USB above CD quality. It’s just streaming from Qobuz that seems locked at 44K/16bit.

In Roon Qobuz service settings quality is set at 24bit / 192, I’ve tried logging out and back in and it makes no difference.

USB audio device in Roon is set with defaults and under advanced shows up to 384K PCM and up to DSD128

How do I get Roon streaming Qobuz at high res, rather than CD quality?

Thanks in advance
–dave

Hi @Dave_Barnwell,

Can you share a screenshot of the Signal Path when playing Qobuz hi res content?

Hi @dylan find attached a couple of screen shots of the signal path one for a 24bit/48K and 24bit/96K both play back as 16/44 sadly. I’ve also attached screen shots of Qobuz service settings and USB device settings.

1 Like

Hi @Dave_Barnwell,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots, this is strange since I am able to play this track properly on my end.

Is there any change in behavior if you try to log out and back into Qobuz via Roon Settings -> Services?

I’ve logged out and back in and it made no difference.

But it made me look at my Qobuz plan which was “hifi Sublime” which is a plan that has been superseded or renamed to “Studio Sublime”.

So I contacted Qobuz and it seems it was a configuration issue with my account. They moved me to the “Studio Sublime” plan and above CD quality streaming is now working via Roon for Qobuz :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Dave_Barnwell,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to narrow down this issue to a Qobuz account error and that you have been able to resolve the issue with Qobuz’s assistance!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.