In general ROON ROCK on a NUC is much more stable then my prior setup of Roon Core on a dedicated PC.
But I’d like to see my ROCK make it more then 7 days before requiring a re-start.
Here is the repro
- Roon ROCK - latest version
- Roon ROCK hard-wired to a switch
- Sonos endpoints - hard wired
- dCS Network Bridge - hard wired
- Andriod and iOS Roon Remotes (WiFI)
Typically after several days of use, I get into a funky state where things will not playback.
Specifically this week:
- I re-booted my NUC around Tuesday
- Since then I have been running ROON also continuously to listen over the holidays and to break in some speakers.
- We were rocking all day and then…
- I can pull up Roon Remote
- I can navigate my library
- When I click PLAY
- The track pulls up and is STUCK at 0 seconds
- It sits stuck there for about 30 seconds, gives up and goes to the next track in the queue
- Then it pulls up the track, and once again is STUCK at 0 seconds
I’ve seen this a few times. EVERY time it happens, I simply re-boot the NUC and everything works.
FOR NOW, I’m leaving my NUC in this state so you can collect logs.
Let me know once you have logs from this evening, and then I’ll reboot and go back to listening to music