AmpliFi HD Router

Connected Audio Devices

raspberry pi - ropieee wired
sonos wireless
roon ARC wireless

Number of Tracks in Library

50,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Since a few days roon started skipping everything I play: local files, Tidal, streaming radio, … and my Rock seems to have a high CPU (just guessing because the fans are making noise)

This never happend before (I’m using roon for 5 years).

What is going on?

Have you restarted the NUC to see if that fixes it?

Yes, several times. Rebooted the whole network as well

Even low bandwidth streaming radio stops after a while.

Streaming 4K video’s wirelessly works fine so my network is ok

Currently, everything works better, but this information was shown. Any idea what this Metadata improver is doing that might have caused the issue? It hijacked my Roon server for 2 days. And what will happen if this improver is unpaused?

Reboot everything rebootable, starting with your router and working back to your NUC.

1 Like

Hey @razzi,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, are you still running into the issues you’ve described above? If so, please share a timestamp of the date and time (and name of the track if possible) the next time this happens. Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.