Roon Rock & usb audio output

Hello, I have just finalized setting up an Intel 7 i7BNH NUC, transfered my Roon setup from my laptop and all is working fine along with an iPad for remote.

The questions I have are:

1. Can I use a USB from the NUC to my Devialet 440 amps instead of ethernet.
  2. Would I be able to use the Melco N1A’s direct ethernet connection to the NUC.
    I haven’t yet tried any of the above the NUC is sitting presently 6mts from the Devialets/Melco, I need to juggle things about to install it alongside them.
  3. Would anything be gained by turning off items not required in the NUC’s set up.

Thanks for any help you have.

Hi Simon,

1. Yes, you should be able to plug a USB cable from the NUC to the Dev.
  2. If you mean using the “Player” port on the Melco then I don’t think so. That port is downstream of the Melco and according to its manual is not reachable by the rest of the network.
  3. Personally, I turn off any items in the BIOS that I am not using for that computer build, like, on-board Audio.

Also, this seems like you are running ROCK not using a Nucleus, so I am moving this thread to the correct location.

1 Like

Than you for your reply

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.