Connected Audio Devices

Cocktail Audio N15
MacBook Pro
iPad Pro
iPhone 8Plus

Number of Tracks in Library

30000 Tracks

Description of Issue

Roon is always crashing and relaunching. I haven’t changed a thing in my setup lately, I just accepted to do the Roon updates.

Hi @Benoit_Domis,

Thank you for getting in touch, with this report. We’re sorry to hear that you were having trouble. Since there’s been a slight delay in getting to you we were hoping you could update us on your current status. Are you still having these issues?

If so, can you tell us more about the remote that is experiencing crashing, such as OS, CPU, and how it is connected to internet?

Additionally can you please provide more details about your Core machine and how it is connected to internet? These details will provide us with the necessary baseline for troubleshooting. Thanks!

Yes, I’m still having these issues.
I run Version 1.0 (build 227) of the OS on an Intel ROCK.
The ROCK is connected to the network via Ethernet.
The Server Software is Version 1.8 (build 903.

I use mainly my iPad Pro (iPad OS 15.3.1) as a remote, when I don’t listen music directly on my MacBook Pro.

When using the iPad Pro, I listen to my music through a Cocktail Audio CN15 network player or a Marantz AV8801.

The issue I described is still occurring. Every time I try to listen to music on any device and/or with any remote, it crashes after 5 seconds. I don’t even get to the welcome page.

These days, I mainly stream through Tidal, but I still keep a local library on a Synology NAS (also on the same Ethernet network).

Also, I checked on the IP address of the ROCK on the network: it is not the ROCK that is crashing, but the ROON Server Software. I’m fact, it seems relaunching itself constantly, even when I don’t try to listen to music.

Hope you find a solution.

Hi there,
Any news regarding my problem ?

Thanks, Benoît.

Hey @Benoit_Domis,

From checking your diagnostics it looks like you were successful in updating your devices to our latest build and you’re able to play some music. This is encouraging. How is your Server software looking now. Can you post a screenshot of your ROCK WUI so we can take a look?

It keeps crashing. Here’s the screenshot you asked.

Hi @Benoit_Domis,

Thank you for getting back in touch about this. Are you still having this issue since installing our latest update, Build 918?

Problem solved, but not in a satisfactory way (and all by myself, I must add), since I had to reset the database.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Benoit_Domis,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones: