Roon"s killer ideas

Sorry for little bit provocative topic

Let’s imagine service that make Roon not competitive , what the main features of it?

My version:
1.Internet streaming service (like Tidal) and Music management (like Roon) are the one in the one face (ideal integration)
2.Internet streaming service is close to ideal in completeness -you don’t need to download something else from somewhere
3.Service available anywhere worldwide , not just only where roon server is available locally (due to no need for local storage, internet library is close to absolute in completeness)

Have you add something else?

hi sergey

ref this…

1.Internet streaming service (like Tidal) and Music management (like Roon) are the one in the one face (ideal integration)

i am not sure what you mean here, because Roon seems to offer this already?

2.Internet streaming service is close to ideal in completeness -you don’t need to download something else from somewhere

ref this, i don’t think this is likely, I mean, you are proposing a “perfect streaming service” , but no service will ever have every single album ever recorded :slight_smile:

3.Service available anywhere worldwide , not just only where roon server is available locally (due to no need for local storage, internet library is close to absolute in completeness)

ref this, Roon is working on this, as a long term goal. It’s an ideal solution, but also keep in mind that internet is not always available yet and of high enough quality to allow High Quality streaming, so a local server it also good!

I would personally like to see more development of the social interaction of sharing musical ideas; if very many of us have Tidal subscriptions we can also “share” music itself, legally. I would love to have this. Possibilities here are endless. Blogs, comments, chat’s, mini-forums, casting to groups of members, ie setup virtual parties. Many possibilities unexplored on the social side of things.

To clearify point 1
I meaned that some ideas not can be fulfilled as soon as roon depend on tidal api fuctionality. So roon has to rely only on known possibilities of communication and i suppose it.s are not be perfect anytime. So the best solution roon+tidal(or any streaming service) =one company (one subscription for users)

Yes , i am agree -but as soon as service close to it -it become winner
I think in future it will be reality
3.On my vacation -i had to use Tidal directly , so my playing history was losed for roon. It was not transmitted to roon (? integration problem ) Ideally tо have roon everywhere.

well… maybe not 100% reality but closer to reality :slight_smile:

actually i find the streaming services for music much more satisfactory than for TV shows… at least they all have nearly the same content. Not like TV, where you have to have Netflix+Amazon+Sky, etc etc to have all the shows you want :slight_smile:
We live in a good time for music entertainment.

I prefer diversity in selection of the streaming provider, also because Tidal is not able to provide good service in all places of the world. So, I would like to see soundiiz included in Roon to be able to transfer playlists to the service of preference. Currently, the playlist feature in Roon is unused, social features would be as well as my local files do not match with those of others