Roon says I need an update but no updated is available

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac macos 10.15.15 beta Roon 1.7 b528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

roopieee on rasptouch

Description Of Issue

Hi @Peter_Galvin1,

We’ve found that this issue typically occurs when something is blocking the Core’s connection to our network. This could be a networking error, VPN, Antivirus, Firewall, or even a VOIP system. Can you describe your network? Do you have any firewall or anything else mentioned above running?

ethernet to linksys veloup mesh wifi hub to cable modem
The linksys has a firewall but inbound only as far as I know - never had a problem with it blocking any outbound traffic
No vpns running on the iMac Roon server
no voip, antivirus
Is there a specific IP:port combination that Roon servers are expecting a connection to?

Hi @Peter_Galvin,

I appreciate the update here — I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.