Roon Says Nothing Is Playing When It Is - iOS

Big Sur.
DB is on hardware RAID 0 2xSSD; all drives check out fine. Mac Pro Trashcan, dual 700/32GB RAM. 12 TB of music or so. Music files are on 7200 RPM drives in an ARECA RAID enclosure attached via Thunderbolt 2. All drives online and reporting no problems. Roon 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Network is Netgear Orbi RBR50 Router with 2 satellites which are equipped with Ethernet backhaul. This also occurs when the only connections are Ethernet hardwired.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mac mini via Ethernet, output to analog preamp and power amp.

Description Of Issue

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14.4

Remediation attempts:

Restarted Roon
Restarted Core machine
Restarted all network devices
Went for a walk and then tried it all again.

Start playing a playlist via Roon on iPhone; Music starts, but Roon says nothing is playing (see screenshot), and no controls are available. The only way to make it stop playing from the phone is to “pause all zones”.

This is what it shows when the playlist is actually playing.

Here is the view of the Queue about the same time

Same time, still with music playing

Audio Path for the file that’s “not playing”

Output Zone for same

Weird!

A post was split to a new topic: Nothing showing as playing on remotes

Not yet. I think that the Roon people are very busy right now.

A post was split to a new topic: Nothing Playing when there is content playing

Hi @Andrew_Webb

Do you see this issue occur on different remote devices, or is it only the iOS device?

Can you reproduce this once more and let us know the time it occurs and the track that is playing? We’ll enable diagnostics and take a look at this occurrence.

Thanks!

It was only on iOS.
It’s gone now. Or at least intermittent.

Mine is doing the same thing on IOS and my MacBook Pro. But not on my iMac. Weird. No controls, says nothing playing, but music is playing. I cannot turn it off. The ''pause all zones" is greyed out as well. Help! Oh, all devices are up to date.

Ok restarted my Nucleus again, and it’s all working for now.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.