Roon scans 3 files every start up, cpu usage low, disk usage 100%

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, core located on boot drive
i7-8700k CPU music files located on NVME drive and hybrid SSD / HDD (main)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected to internet via ethernet to ATT modem / router.

Connected Audio Devices

Using a Schiit Bifrost connected to PC via USB, Bifrost connected to Ragnarok Amp via XLR cables

Library Size

Description of Issue

Roon will scan 3 files every time I start it up, it uses little to no CPU, and 100% of the disk where my main libraries are. It is also making this drive fragment faster than my other drive which does not have any music files on it. Same exact drive as my music library, I have had to defrag the music library drive twice since I started using Roon less than a month ago.

Hi @Matthew_Hall

Can you do the following?

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Ok, so just to be clear, let Roon scan for 5 mins, then close the app, restart, and do this once more? The scan takes around 15 to 20 mins to finish.

Yeah, that is correct, @Matthew_Hall. You don’t need it to fully scan to completion, I just want to see what is triggering the scan at startup so we can better understand what’s happening. By looking at a couple samples at startup we should be able to get an idea of this.