Roon Screen freezes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Acer swift 3 / 20 GB RAM / Windows 10.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Huawei router / ethernet connected / 80 Mb/sec speed / latency 8 ms.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Supra 2.0 USB / SMSL M500 DAC - MQA ready / Elac Navis ARB 51 active speakers

Description Of Issue
Current Roon installed yesterday.
Roon screen freezes frequently = use alt control delete and then cancel unfreezes until next occurence.

Additional information.
I have reinstalled ROON and the issue persists.

Hi @Robert_Jenkins,

What GPU does your Core use? Is there any change if you uninstall and reinstall the graphics driver?

Have you noticed any patterns? Are there any specific actions that seem to result in the screen freezing?

Hi Dylan.

The CPU is a AMD Ryzen 5

I already had the driver disabled and is now reinstalled-No difference

Any lack of screen activity will cause freezing within a few minutes.

If the laptop goes to “sleep” it will freeze - I have disabled sleep option and am trying different combinations in power options.

I am speculating, but I think the answer is associated with the windows power options.

Thank You

Robert

OK I have changed a number of windows 10 power options and the Roon App continues to freeze.

Thank You

Robert

Hi @Robert_Jenkins,

You told us what the CPU is rather than the GPU (Graphics Processor Unit), could you share that please.

This is definitely worth doing this, but importantly go to the GPU manufacture’s site and download and install from there (don’t use the Window update as the drivers they may not be the latest ones).

Hope that helps.

I have uninstalled display driver and reinstalled from latest ACER download site.
Screen continues to freeze.

Hello @Robert_Jenkins, and thanks for the information. Is your Acer connected directly to that router via Ethernet? Are you seeing this on any other remotes? Lastly, next time this happens (and if you have reproduction steps, that would be awesome) please reply here with a timestamp (your local time) so I can enable diagnostics for your account. Thanks!

Cant send Mp4 too big .

Hello @Robert_Jenkins, thanks for the info! You mentioned having a video. Could you please upload that video here? I’d also like to obtain diagnostics from your device, you can get them by following the directions here and add them to the same folder as the video. Thanks!

Use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using this link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.