Roon search is not available

Roon Core Machine

Windows Server 2016, Intel Core-i5, 16Gb audio PC

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet audiophile switch

Connected Audio Devices

Human Audio Tabla Spdif converter (Wasapi driver)

Number of Tracks in Library

<1000 tracks

Description of Issue

Roon search is not available. Neither from the PC program nor from Iphone control program. Whenever I want to search for a track in Tidal after thinking it says that Roon search is not available. It says exactly: “can’t connect to Roon search”
The only way for me to listen to a track which is not on my playlist if I go to Tidal app then search for the song that I add it to one of my Tidal playlist then I go back to Roon and then I can play it from the Roon playlist. This is crazy. It has been like this for at least 2 weeks now. I can’t say since when exactly because I am not searching for tracks every day.
But this makes Roon basically useless for me if it stays like it. I have already tried to log out of roon, log out of just Tidal, log out of both, retart core… nothing has helped so far and I am kind of tired to waste more on it from my precious free time.
If this does not get resolved very soon then I am planning to delete Roon core from my PC and switch back to Tidal app. I have a yearly subscription until 2023 Oct. Will you refund me for the unused period? Honestly this would be still really painful beause I am using Roon for multi-room music listening and I will then need to search for another solution. So I don’t prefer this option but I cannot and do not want to continue using Roon without the search capability and do not want to wait weeks/months for the next official bugfix… I want to listen music during Xmas break and if not with roon then with something else I will for sure… just wanted to let you know…

Thanks,
Andras
ps.: so far I was 8/10 satisfied with Roon service, now I am at 3/10 max…

Hello Andras,

sorry to hear the troubles you’re having with search. Is the search box for you broken as well?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.