Roon searches and connections to the core are slow

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell Laptop
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 2.2ghz processor
8gig of RAM
1TB SSD
Roon build 1.7 (537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired Network 1gbit
Network Switch TP-LINK Archer c5400x
internet 50/50gb fiber

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Brinkman Nyquist DAC over Ethernet

Description Of Issue

Roon searches are very slow often up to 20 seconds, this includes searches when connecting to the core from IOS or Windows devices and directly on the core.

Initial connections to the core from IOS devices can also be very slow.

My library is 1172 albums and 17000 tracks, so not too large.

I am using Tidal but I see the same behavior if I disconnect the Tidal service.

I also see the slow behavior when searching directly on the core, my music is stored on the local disk so as per my mind this completely excludes any possible network issues.

I have also installed a fresh copy of windows and then roon, which did not help. I have no other applications installed on the machine.

I have no issues with playback

Anecdotally I did notice a big change in speed when 1.7 was released, before that i never had any speed issues at all, but I cannot 100% tie my issue to that fact. In addition when I reboot it does seem to improve the situation for a short period, however this is not a consistent outcome.

What can I do to improve the speed?

Hello @Paul_Stephenson,

Can you please reboot your Core and check to see if you are still impacted by the slow search behavior?

There was an issue on our end regarding search which as been resolved as of a few minutes ago, see:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.