Roon searches in Tidal return strange information

Description of Issue

If I click on “TIDAL” under Browse, and then “Search” in the top right corner, and enter “Jung”, it finds one artist… if you click this artist, it actually contain several artists…
If you click “Discography” you can see that there are at least three different artists which are called “Jung”, yet they are listed like “one” artist…

If you then login to TIDAL directly and search for artists named “Jung”, is correctly shows the different artists…

I suspect this is not just the case with “Jung”, but also with other artists with the same name?
For the life of me I cannot come up with other artists with the same name, but there must be some…

Nevertheless it looks like Roon assumes that the artist names are unique, and does not look at the “artist id” which must be there since TIDAL are able to show this correctly?

Hey @Heino_Walther

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As always, we appreciate the heads up here.

These kind of equivalence issues are common, unfortunately. When artists with similar names (as is the case here) lack enough rich metadata content to trigger disambiguation they are often erroneously identified as the same person. This particular situation was likely exacerbated by the somewhat generic performer name shared by these artists.

Can you share a few examples of the albums that should be associated with the separate iterations of Jung? Or perhaps the Jung that you were interested in?

We’ll take a look at how this information is reflected on our metadata providers’ side and see what we can do. Please understand that we can’t make any promises regarding a timeline for corrections when coordinating with our metadata providers. Thanks