Roon sees AVR but won't play music track

@support

I’m trying ROON on a free trial. It sees my AVR, it switches it on, but when set to play a track, there’s no music and the time count doesn’t progress beyond one or two seconds.

Windows 10, Tidal (set to FLAC), Roon, network cable connection, Marantz SR6009 AVR.

Hi Louise,

Is the box checked next to your Airplay device (player) in the Audio Zones page…

You get to this menu by tapping the Airplay device (AVR) at the lower right (bottom screenshot) of the screen. You can select different players from the menu and adjust settings in the Audio setup. Welcome to the Roon forums…

Q

Yes, it was ticked.

Looks right to me. Support will help you when they see the tag. I don’t use Airplay much, I use a couple of media players, so I can’t offer too much about Airplay settings. My Yammy AVR prepro is a pre-Airplay…

Take a screen shot of the signal path (the little green light) center bottom of the screen. Also, hit the pause play button on the left bottom of the screen. Does it change back and forth.

Signal path is HQ. Pause, Play Track Advance all work, except the time never progresses and the music never starts.

It’s probably a setting…Support will get it straightened out…

Hi @Louise_Proctor ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here.

Before we grab some logs from you, may I kindly ask you to please post a screenshots of your signal path as well as your audio settings .

-Eric

Hello,

Airplay from non Apple devices may be tricky to implement into Roon.
From my own experience Airplay works flawlessly when Roon (Server) is running on Apple hardware.
Windows and Linux is unfortunately another story.

Maybe we’ll have to wait for version 1.3.

Arie

No ideas? Is there a problem with ROON and Windows 10, or ROON and AirPlay?

Hi Louise,

@eric is going to want to see your screenshots of the audio settings as well.

Go to Settings > Audio and take a shot there. Also, click the gears icon next to AirPlay and take a shot of that window.

Cheers, Greg

Hi @Louise_Proctor ----- Thank you for the follow up and providing the requested screenshots. I will be contacting you via PM momentarily for further data gathering as well as log collecting.

-Eric