ROON Server change to new conmputer on same network

Hi @Ogie,

Thanks for confirming the exact error state regarding the white screen.

We have seen this issue before as mentioned in this thread (Windows 10 : Blank (white screen) after maximising) but the end result was that this issue is due to the display drivers and there is a display issue when maximizing Roon again after it has been minimized.

A few possible workarounds that I’ve seen is to either try using the 32-bit version of Roon (instead of the 64-bit) or to use keyboard shortcuts (alt+tab) to open the app instead of the maximize button. If you do decide to give the 32-bit version a try, I would suggest Backup Up your Roon library before making the switch.

As for the artist pictures – you can manually add an artist image by clicking the “Add Image” button underneath Edit and pointing Roon to the image. The current set of images are the ones we have from our metadata providers, and unfortunately it seems like Lenny Breau does not have an image on my end either.

The good news here though, is that Roon is always getting new updates on a daily basis and the artists images will automatically update as they become available. I can’t comment on when exactly your specific artist images will be added, but we are always working on improving the product especially in this area.

Please let me know if my above suggestions regarding the white screen issue helps!

Thanks,
Noris